Housing for students accepted to an exchange programme Spring 2021
For students arriving January 2021, the application deadline for housing is 1 November.
Unfortunately, due to the covid-19 situation, we cannot at this moment confirm that exchange students will be guaranteed housing. Further information will be provided as soon as possible.
Please note that if you have accepted a housing offer and choose not to come, you must cancel your housing contract. Failure to do so may result in a fee. Please contact SiO housing if you have any further questions.
Exchange students can apply for a single furnished room
All furnished rooms include a bed, closet, desk, chair, bookshelf, and a table.
For students staying for just one semester, SiO is also offering a fully equipped housing option. Please see information about the Sogn Student Village on their website.
Please note that students staying for two semesters are not eligible for this housing type. If you consider extending your stay at UiO from one semester to two semesters, we recommend applying for other housing options at SiO, as the housing contract for this specific housing option cannot be extended.
Application deadline for housing
- 1 June for students starting their studies in the autumn semester.
- 1 November for students starting their studies in the spring semester.
If you miss the deadline, you will not be guaranteed housing. We still recommend applying as soon as possible.
- Somewhere between 3700NOK and 5200NOK in rent on a monthly basis.
- The price of rent will vary depending on location, room size and whether you have shared kitchen/bathroom facilities or not.
- Exchange students are normally not eligible to apply for internal moving. This means that you can not apply for another type of housing after you have been granted an offer from SiO.
Family and couple apartments
- You are not guaranteed family or couple apartments.
- Due to very limited availability, it is unlikely that this housing option will be available from the beginning of your stay.
- This means that you can expect to be on a waiting list for a very long time (longer than one year), for family and couple apartments.
- We recommend you to check out the possibilities to rent a flat/room in the private market. You can find available flats to rent/ buy at finn.no or hybel.no.
How to apply for housing
Read this carefully and apply for housing according to this guide.
The housing guarantee only applies:
- If you apply within the deadlines.
- If your housing contract begins 1 August / 2 January.
- You are only guaranteed housing once, the first time you apply.
Unfortunately, due to the covid-19 situation, we cannot at this moment confirm that exchange students will be guaranteed housing.
However applicants who intend to live in student housing must follow the guidance above.
Further information will be provided as soon as possible.
Contact Knutepunktet, International Student Reception - for questions regarding housing guarantee.
Contact SIO Housing - for questions regarding accessibility, picking up keys, moving in and late arrival.