Police registration help for non-EU students
The Oslo Police Department will be present at UiO and assist students that are non-EU citizens to register that you have arrived in Norway and to book an appointment.
Foto: Anders Lien, UiO
Bring the following documents to the police registration day:
- Decision letter from UDI or printout of UDI e-mail confirming that your application has been processed
Bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Passport or national ID card
- Address in Norway written on a piece of paper
- Receipt from the SiO Deposit Account (if applicable)
- The police registration day is only for students who have applied for residence permit before arrival in Norway, and have received a decision letter from UDI.
- Non-EU citizen currently living in an EU country who will be staying in Norway for more than 3 months, can attend this police registration day (provided you have applied for residence permit before arrival in Norway, and received a decision letter from UDI).
If you arrive after the police registration day:
- Register your arrival and book an appointment with the Police on https://selfservice.udi.no/ or by calling tel: 22 34 21 00 (the line is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.):
- In the online portal, choose: Oslo Police District, Department of Immigration
If you do not attend the police registration day, please expect a longer processing time with the police.
This also applies to students who will apply for residence permit after arrival in Norway.
Location of Oslo Police District, Department of Immigration:
- EU citizens should not attend the police registration help day.
- EU citizens can register with the police by handing in the required documents to the regular staff at Knutepunktet. Documents can be handed in throughout January. Check how to register and which documents to hand in.