Norway in a Nutshell
The University of Oslo would like to welcome all new international students with a fun introduction to student life in Norway.
What is up with the Norwegians? Join this event to learn more about the country you have just arrived in, the people that live here and all the great Norwegian traditions you need to know about as you embark on your semester in Norway.
After the event, we will show the Norwegian film 'Thelma' (2017), which is based on campus Blindern. We are serving some light snacks.
Join us for an afternoon of socialization and mingle!
We have invited the French blogger Lorelou Desjardins (www.afroginthefjord.com) who has lived in Norway since 2010. She has become an expert on the strange Norwegian culture, and will now give a talk about what you can expect as new international students in Oslo and Norway. We will also show a short film on how to dress properly in the Norwegian winter.
The event will be hosted by The Buddy Secretary.
- 2:45 PM Light snack in the lobby of Georg Sverdrups house
- 3:00 PM Introduction by the Buddy leaders
- 3:05 PM Welcome to the University of Oslo - Pro-rector Gro Bjørnerud Mo
- 3:10 PM Norwegian food, with the student association Mathjelpen
- 3:10 PM How to dress in the Norwegian winter
- 3:30 PM Survival Guide to living in Norway, with Lorelou Desjardins
- 4:00 PM End of programme.
- 4:14 PM Screening of "Thelma" (2017)
- 6:15 PM End of film.