Apply in the application portal Søknadsweb. Please note that admission is only open for refugees currently in Norway, who can document this with a card for asylum seekers or a residence card that states that you have a residence permit as an asylum seeker.
You need a National ID number and a MinID user in order to apply. See how to register a MinID user.
- Log on to the application portal with login method "ID-porten".
- Choose the study option you are applying for.
- Upload your documents.
- Results of your application will be announced in December/January.
Application deadline: 15 December
If you need assistance with registering an application, please contact Knutepunktet - International Student Reception.
Applicants to higher education in Norway must ordinarily meet the basic admission requirements. For applicants with foreign education, the requirements are specified in the Higher Education Entrance Qualification for Persons with Foreign Education (GSU-list).
For admission to this programme, you must document:
- education requirements according to the GSU-list. For certain countries there is a requirement of documenting 1 or 2 years of higher education in addition to upper secondary school. Applicants who cannot document the higher education requirement are welcome to apply, and will be individually assessed.
- language proficiency requirements in English, according to the GSU-list.
This programme does not require Norwegian language proficiency.
Applicants who lack an English language test will be given the opportunity to take a test, funded by the University of Oslo, to document their language proficiency. We will contact you if this applies to you.
You have to upload all required documents in UiO's online application portal.
Ranking of applicants
Qualified applicants register for courses after they have been admitted. Some of the courses may have limited capacity.
Please note that all information is correct at the time of publication, but may be subject to change in line with updated guidelines from the authorities.