With a master degree in Electrical Engineering, Informatics and Technology you gain advanced knowledge and skills preparing you for work within electronics and informatics both in public and private sector. The thesis gives you the opportunity to immerse yourself in a subject by your own choosing, in close cooperation with reseachers leading in their respective fields.
After having completed a Master`s degree in Electrical Engineering, you have achieved:
You have an advanced understanding of physics, informatics and mathematics:
- Digital and analog technology.
- Electronic sensor and control systems.
- Semiconductor materials and future technologies and materials for integrated circuits.
- Programming in various platforms and for different purposes.
- How to apply mathematical methods for analytical and numerical calculations.
- Research methodology and the scientific method.
You have an advanced understanding of analog and digital electronic components and circuits:
- You can construct, simulate and analyze electronic circuits and systems.
- You have a sound understanding of electronic circuits and systems and you can do troubleshooting.
- You have an understanding of how the central parts of a computer are constructed.
You can use mathematical tools for analytical and numerical modelling:
- You can model and analyze electronics and other physical systems.
- You have insights into statistics for testing hypotheses and analyzing data.
You can read and write program code and understand the mechanics of a computer program:
- You master methods for designing and developing large computer systems.
- You can use relevant software as a tool for developing algorithms and program systems.
You can plan and carry out an experimental task:
- You can handle advanced instruments and electronic equipment.
- You can carry out measurements to verify and characterize electronic circuits and components.
- You can combine knowledge from several areas in order to obtain new and deeper vocational insights.
You develop advanced professional competence during the programme:
- You can communicate vocational topics in a professional manner both orally and in writing to peers, experts from other discplines and the general public.
- You can critically reflect around the execution of your work and are aware of the relevant ethical problems to be addressed.
- You can apply knowledge in Health, Environment and Safety (HES) related work, and have a high level of awareness regarding issues related to health, environment and safety.
- You are familiar with out-of-the-box thinking and innovation processes.
- You can carry out a research project and prepare a considerable scientific report under the guidance of an experiences researcher, in line with ethical requirements and guidelines.