This programme is a 2 year full-time master´s programme coordinated by the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
Place of study: Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Global education policies (5 ECTS)
- Actors in education and development (5 ECTS)
- Theories of social justice in education (5 ECTS)
- Theories of education and international development (5 ECTS)
- Basic methods of research techniques (5 ECTS)
- Doing research on education and development (5 ECTS)
- Advanced methods of research techniques (5 ECTS)
Place of study: The University of Oslo or University of Amsterdam
Students select one track based on research preference. Students also complete a compulsory online course of Advanced research techniques (5 ECTS)
University of Oslo:
- EDU4220 Policies and Practice of Educational Reform (5 ECTS)
- EDU4230 Higher Education and the Europe of Knowledge (5 ECTS)
- EDU4211 Critical issues in educational reform (10 ECTS)
University of Malta
- GLOBED summer school including Project Development and Thesis Proposal(5 ECTS)
University of Amsterdam
- The politics of education, conflict and international development (10 ECTS)
- Critical debates on children's rights and education in a comparative perspective (10 ECTS)
- GLOBED summer school (5 ECTS) * offered at the University of Malta
During the third semester students are placed in internships (15 ECTS), where they have the opportunity to make stronger and more meaningful links between the theoretical literature they have been reading and the realities of education for development work in the field. They will be expected to keep reflective journals, which are constantly and regularly monitored by the consortium lecturers, who, together with regular staff in the internship placements, will provide academic and professional mentoring and support as needed.
The internships will also help students prepare for the fieldwork (15 ECTS) that they wish to carry out for their thesis, and in some cases may actually overlap, with the internship site also becoming the place for data collection. The internship and fieldwork experiences are each worth 15 ECTS, with students returning to the University they enrolled in at the beginning of the fourth semester, where they share and reflect on their experiences in the field.
- Thesis (30 ECTS). To be spent at one of the three partner institutions. Distribution into three equal groups will depend on student choice, the nature of the research topic, availability of tutor support and equity amongst partners.
Further information about modules and other programme-related issues are available on GLOBED's website
The diploma is issued when you have completed the courses that meet the requirements for a degree. The diploma is the official confirmation of an obtained degree. As the programme offers a joint degree the diploma is issued jointly by the cooperating universities .