Admission requirements 2017
Admission to this master's degree programme / study option requires:
- country list. and a completed bachelor's degree comparable to a Norwegian bachelor's degree. Applicants with foreign education, please refer to the
- a specialization defined by the programme/study option
- a minimum grade average of C (in the Norwegian grading scale) or equivalent from the specialization in your degree.
- Norwegian and English language requirement OR special enhanced requirement in English specified below:
a) Passed examination in English foundation course (140 hours/5 periods per week) with a minimum grade of 4 in Norwegian upper secondary school (or an equivalent grade from a Nordic upper secondary school) or passed examination in English from second and/or third school year in Norwegian upper secondary school, or
b) An internationally recognised English language proficiency test.
- A minimum of 80 ECTS informatics credits including 30 credits on beginner level (1000-courses) and 20 credits on advanced level (2000- and 3000-courses)
- At least 20 credits within one of the areas philosophy, linguistics, psychology or languages.
You have to upload all required documents in UiO's online application portal.
If you have completed studies/courses outside the University of Oslo, you must also upload course descriptions. The course names and codes on the course descriptions must match the transcript of records.
This programme is covered by the regulations on export control. Export controls are applied to countries where there is suspicion about development and use of weapons of mass destruction. UiO will therefore conduct a specific evaluation of these applicants.
Ranking of applicants
Applicants are ranked according to their grade average in the specialization of their degree. Applicants who cannot be ranked according to their grade average, will be ranked on the basis of an individual assessment.
You normally cannot be admitted to a master's degree programme or study option within the same subject area as a previously completed master's degree at the University of Oslo.
Recognition of prior education
For applicants with external education, only 20 credits of unspecified informatics can be used as part of the scientific basis.