Students who have a disability, dyslexia or medical condition placing them at a disadvantage in their studies may be entitled to special needs provisions for their everyday study situation.
What kind of special needs provisions can you apply for?
You must have a certificate from a doctor or expert that documents your need. What kind of provisions you may be granted depends on your needs and must be considered individually.
Examples of provisions UiO can offer:
- Loan of technical aids
- Reservation of study space in the reading room
- Help to plan your studies and find possibilities for special tuition arrangements
- Providing information to lecturers and supervisors about your special needs.
- Access to quiet rooms
- Information about audio books (human voice/speech synthesis) and electronic books from the Norwegian Library of Talking Books and Braille (NLB).
- Help to apply for a mentor if you receive education as a measure through NAV.
If your disability or state of health results in substantial disadvantages in the examination situation, special examination arrangements can be made.