Admission requirements for ISS
The requirements listed below must be met prior to the start of the ISS.
Current and previously enrolled UiO students already meet the admission requirements, and as a rule, do not need to send documentation again.
- Bachelor's level requirements
- English proficiency requirements
- Applicants to Norwegian language classes must meet basic entrance requirements of UiO
Norwegian Language Courses
Many scholarship applicants are academically qualified to attend the ISS, but they do not meet the requirements set by the scholarship donors. As a result, the application will be rejected.
To be a successful scholarship candidate you will need to demonstrate:
- that your academic background is related to the course you wish to take;
- that your professional background/goals are related to the course you wish to take;
- financial need;
- personal qualities that make you a good representative of your country.
Competition for scholarships is high. Many scholarship applicants are rejected in the Pre-Application phase. At this point, the applicant can switch the status to "self-paying" or "sponsored" and try to find the funding from a source outside the ISS.
All applicants must be in good health – physically, mentally and emotionally – to study abroad.