Terms and conditions of ISS scholarships and travel grants
By accepting your offer of admission based on a scholarship through ISS, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- No part of the value of the scholarship is payable to the recipient in cash. It represents a reduction or waiver of the on-campus or off-campus basic fee.
- Scholarships awarded are non-negotiable.
- If you apply for both a scholarship and a travel grant, it is not guaranteed you will be awarded both. You might only get a scholarship, but not a travel grant.
- You may be asked to write a report or letter to the scholarship donor.
- You are responsible for covering expenses that are not included in the scholarship, this includes travel costs to and from the airport, visa application fees, personal expenses, etc).
- It is also highly recommended that you secure travel insurance to cover loss/theft/travel delay etc during your journeys between your home and Oslo and during your stay at ISS).
- It is the recipient’s responsibility to evaluate if they can afford participation at the ISS after reviewing the costs and what is not covered by the scholarship.
- You must meet the attendance requirements.
- You must submit all mandatory assignments.
- You must sit for all exams.
Failure to meet the above academic requirements will result in a failing grade for the course and possible expulsion from the ISS programme, early departure from Norway and/or responsibility to repay the ISS for the monetary value of your scholarship.
It is possible to apply for either an Off-Campus and On-Campus scholarship, depending on where you come from and which category you apply to.
An Off-Campus scholarship covers all basic fees which include extracurricular activities, health insurance, one weekend excursion outside Oslo, public transportation (public transportation card within Oslo not applicable to UiO program students), card within Oslo and reading materials.
An On-Campus scholarship covers all the basic fees mentioned above. In addition, it includes simple accommodation in a double room at Blindern Dormitory and board according to the dormitory meal plans.
ISS Scholarships DO NOT cover:
- Pocket money (per diem)
- Visa application fees
- Travel insurance
- Any other personal costs
- The travel grant covers plane tickets to/from Oslo from the international airport nearest to your place of residence.
- It does not cover travel to/from airport or visa fees.
- The ISS Office books all plane tickets for scholarship recipients who receive travel grants.
- The ISS does not reimburse recipients if they obtain and pay for their own plane tickets to/from Oslo.
Arrival and departure
Dates of arrival/departure are:
- Arrival in Oslo: Friday, June 19
- Departure from Oslo: Friday, July 31
The ISS Office decides the arrival/departure dates based on the lowest fare. These dates cannot be negotiated.