The food served is typically Norwegian, always hearty and nutritious.
- Food may not be brought out of the dining room, with the exception of lunch bags on the days when no lunch is served.
- Drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria in travel mugs.
- The first meal served in the Blindern Dormitory dining room for early arrivals is lunch on Friday, June 20, from 12:00 to 15:00.
- The last meal of the session is breakfast on Friday, July 31, 07:00-10:00.
During the session three meals are served per weekday. Except for Saturday June 20, Sunday June 21, no lunches will be served on weekends or during the Long Weekend (July 12-15). Residents are encouraged to pack a lunch at breakfast. Tea and coffee will be available throughout the day. The meal hours are:
* Dinner is served fairly early due to the many evening events.
Special diets cannot be accommodated at the dormitory. Some adjustments in the menu are made to suit the international makeup of the ISS student body. For example, halal meat will be served at least once a week. The only alternative to the standard menu will be plain vegetarian food that can include eggs and dairy products.
Dining Room Passes
All on-campus students will have a dining room sticker on the back of their ID card. The ID-card and sticker must be shown at every meal.