2018 Young Scientists Summer Program at IIASA
The Young Scientists Summer Program at the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis' (IIASA) offers fellowships for PhD students to undertake a summer project on a topic related to IIASA's research agenda.
Every summer from 1 June to 31 August, IIASA hosts up to 50 doctoral students from around the world in its Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP). Each participant works on a topic related to his or her PhD thesis and IIASA’s research agenda, the goal being to write a publishable paper. All YSSP participants are personally mentored by IIASA senior scientists.
You should apply if:
- you are an advanced graduate student;
- your field of study complements research at IIASA;
- you would like to pursue interdisciplinary research;
- your research and career would benefit from working with scientists from around the world; and
- you would like to explore the policy implications of your work.
Applications are accepted from October to mid-January for the following summer. Funding is available through scholarships from the Norwegian Research Council.