International conference in Oslo September 13-16 2011.
As a starting point for this conference we want to suggest an alternative approach to the concept and the discourse of “globalization”. Irrespective of both normative issues and conflicting temporal scales we take globalization to mean the emergence, appearance and/or production of the world as an object of human experience and practice. The aim of the conference is to study how different sets of concepts, representations and methodologies, within different languages, disciplines, discourses or cultures, react and contribute to this emergence.
Use the navigation bar on the left to learn more about the conference.
- 09.09.11: final program published
- 07.09.11: registration is closed
- 01.09.11: Book of abstracts published
- 01.09.11: 4th version of preliminary program published
- 05.08.11: registration is open
- 01.07.11: 3rd version of preliminary program published
- 13.05.11: 2nd version of preliminary program
- 11.05.11: the preliminary program is available