Language, Admission requirements, Application deadline and Scope
The Introductory module must be started and preferably completed before you apply for the course
Application deadline Spring 2023: 30.11.2022
- 30 hours
Course sessions Spring 2023
Course sessions in Assessment and Feedback
- February 14th, 2023 9 AM–12 AM, LINKEN Georg Sverdrups hus
- March 21th, 2023 9 AM–4 PM, LINKEN Georg Sverdrups hus
- April 25th, 2023 9 AM–12 AM, LINKEN Georg Sverdrups hus
This course uses Canvas. See tips and guides for Canvas.
Why choose this module?
Assessment and feedback are central elements of each course design, as they shape the knowledge contents and learning activities students focus on during their studies. In this module, we focus on the ways we can make use of assessment and feedback in our course designs to support students in their learning and in achieving the intended learning outcomes of the course.
We also explore how to formulate and grade assessment tasks and how to provide useful feedback to the students. At the end of this module, participants will be familiar with a range of different forms of assessment and feedback and will have had time to explore how these forms may be integrated in their own practices.
In this module we aim at developing
- The distinction between formative and summative assessment
- Different forms of formative assessment and feedback
- Different forms of summative assessment and exam
- Use of digital tools in assessment and feedback work
- The relationships between learning objectives, assessment, feedback and teaching
- Assessment criteria and grading practices
The course consists of
- Completion of a written assignment related to assessment and feedback in your own study program
The written assignment gives participants the opportunity to explore a self-chosen problem related to assessment and feedback in their own study program.
The course requires participants to contribute actively, and much time is devoted to discussing specific issues and challenges related to assessment and feedback in light of local practices and own experiences. This provides space for dialogue between the participants and exchange of experience across disciplines and study programs.”
Application deadline: 30.11.2022