- Music and Moves
- Computational Music Generation
- Live Coding
Qichao Lan is a music programmer, with a background of computational linguistics, electroacoustic music composition and live coding. In 2018, he gained his master's degree in Sonic Arts at the University of Sheffield, during which he frequently participated in activities of the Algorave community. Now, as a doctoral research fellow in the RITMO Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in Rhythm, Time and Motion at the University of Oslo, he is doing researches on the application of deep learning in live coding performance. By designing new live coding languages and interfaces in the browser, he studies how new technologies can change the music interaction, and how the new form of interaction can influence the human body movement pattern.
- Lan, Qichao; Tørresen, Jim & Jensenius, Alexander Refsum (2019). RaveForce: A Deep Reinforcement Learning Environment for Music Generation, In Isabel Barbancho; Lorenzo J. Tardón; Alberto Peinado & Ana M. Barbancho (ed.), SMC 2019 Proceedings of the 16th Sound & Music Computing Conference. Society for Sound and Music Computing. ISBN 978-84-09-08518-7. P2.1. s 217 - 222
- Jensenius, Alexander Refsum; Erdem, Cagri; Zelechowska, Agata; Lan, Qichao; Fuhrer, Julian Peter & Gonzalez Sanchez, Victor Evaristo (2019). Entraining Guitars.
- Jensenius, Alexander Refsum; Martin, Charles Patrick; Erdem, Cagri; Lan, Qichao; Fuhrer, Julian Peter; Gonzalez Sanchez, Victor Evaristo; Zelechowska, Agata; Glette, Kyrre & Nymoen, Kristian (2019). Self-playing Guitars. Show summary
- Kelkar, Tejaswinee; Erdem, Cagri & Lan, Qichao (2019). Utopia.
- Lan, Qichao; Tørresen, Jim & Jensenius, Alexander Refsum (2019). RaveForce: A Deep Reinforcement Learning Environment for Music.
- Schia, Katja Henriksen; Erdem, Cagri; Lan, Qichao & Jensenius, Alexander Refsum (2018). Music-Dance Performance: "Rhythm".