Qichao Lan is a computer-musician and researcher in music technology, specialising in audio programming, live coding, new instrument design, and music AI. He is also publishing open-source software and performing live coding music under the name 'chaosprint'. In 2018, Qichao gained his master's degree in Sonic Arts at the University of Sheffield. Now, he is a doctoral research fellow funded by the Nordic SMC organisation and works for the RITMO Centre at the University of Oslo. He is currently focusing on developing a new programming language called Glicol which can be used for live coding music performance, music AI research and STEM education.
- Erdem, Cagri; Lan, Qichao; Fuhrer, Julian; Martin, Charles Patrick; Tørresen, Jim & Jensenius, Alexander Refsum (2020). Towards Playing in the 'Air': Modeling Motion-Sound Energy Relationships in Electric Guitar Performance Using Deep Neural Networks, In Simone Spagnol & Andrea Valle (ed.), Proceedings of the 17th Sound and Music Computing Conference. Axea sas/SMC Network. ISBN 978-88-945415-0-2. 5. s 177 - 184 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Erdem, Cagri; Lan, Qichao & Jensenius, Alexander Refsum (2020). Exploring relationships between effort, motion, and sound in new musical instruments. Human Technology. ISSN 1795-6889. 16(3), s 310- 347 . doi: 10.17011/ht/urn.202011256767 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Lan, Qichao & Kwak, Dongho Daniel (2021). Musical performance on GLICOL at Oslo Life Science Conference. Show summary
- Jensenius, Alexander Refsum; Erdem, Cagri; Kwak, Dongho Daniel; Rahman, Habibur; Glette, Kyrre; Krzyzaniak, Michael Joseph; Lan, Qichao & Fasciani, Stefano (2020). Strings On-Line. Show summary
- Lan, Qichao (2020). Developing QuaverSeries in Sema Ecosystem.
- Lan, Qichao (2020). GLICOL: Graph-oriented Live Coding Language Developed with Rust, WebAssembly and AudioWorklet.
- Lan, Qichao (2020). Performing with QuaverSeries in Sema Ecosystem. Show summary
- Lan, Qichao (2020). QuaverSeries in Sema Ecosystem. Show summary
- Lan, Qichao & Jensenius, Alexander Refsum (2020). Embodied Pattern Writing in Live Coding.
- Jensenius, Alexander Refsum; Erdem, Cagri; Zelechowska, Agata; Lan, Qichao; Fuhrer, Julian Peter & Gonzalez Sanchez, Victor Evaristo (2019). Entraining Guitars.