The fourMs Lab is equipped with state-of-the-art systems for studying human motion and physiology in a multimedia context.
The lab contains several different types of motion capture systems, eye tracking glasses, and physiological sensors. There are also a number of video cameras and audio devices for multichannel audio and video recording. In addition comes the multichannel audio rig, which allows for the exploration of spatial audio.
Some of the main systems available in the fourMs Lab:
- Qualisys optical motion capture system (13 Oqus cameras)
- Optitrack optical motion capture system (8 cameras)
- Xsens MVN full-body mobile motion capture system
- Polhemus Patriot, magnetic 6-DOF motion tracking system.
- Various inertial low-cost sensors and sensor systems, e.g. accelerometers
- MEGA biosignal sensors (EMG)
- Delsys biosignal sensors (EMG, ECG)
- Multichannel truss mounted speaker rig with 48 Genelec (8020B) speakers for spatialization (Higher Order Ambisonics, VBAP, DBAP, etc.)
- Small Wavefield Synthesis speaker array (24).
- 2 active 6-channel hemispherical speakers for point-based sound diffusion.
- TouchKeys Piano: multitouch keyboard with capacitive sensor overlays
- Various electronic instruments and controllers from Theremin to Madrona Soundplane
- High-end SSL AD/DA converters, RME Madiface XT state-of-the-art audio interface and recording setup with a range of quality microphones.
- 6 Canon HD videocams (SDI)
- A range of microphones