New nordic funding
We are happy to announce that Nordforsk has decided to support the Nordic Research Network for the Integration of Music Informatics, Performance and Aesthetics in the period 2010-2013. This will continue to strengthen the ties between the involved Nordic institutions.
- The University of Southern Denmark (Cynthia M. Grund)
- Vestjysk Musikkonservatorium/Academy of Music and Music Communication, Esbjerg, Denmark (Fredrik Søegaard)
- Aalborg University Esbjerg, Denmark (Kristoffer Jensen)
- The Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden (Anders Friberg)
- University of Tampere, Finland (Tere VadeÌn)
- Sibelius Academy, Helsinki, Finland (David Hebert)
- The University of Oslo, Norway (Alexander Refsum Jensenius)
- BifroÌst University, Borgames, Iceland (NjoÌrður SigurjoÌnsson)
Nordic Network for the Integration of Music Informatics, Performance and Aesthetics aims at shedding new light upon traditional and contemporary questions within music research employing approaches which regard music from a vantage point where information and communication are the focal points, aided by the tools under rapid development within information technology, practice-based research and the new perspectives arising within aesthetics as a result of new technologies for studying and producing music.