The term paper will be evaluated and graded on the basis of the following (this is not a hierarchical list, all issues should be considered):
- Is there a clearly defined topic, with clearly formulated research question(s)? Possibly, but not necessarily, also with a hypothesis.
- Is the scope of topic and focus realistic considering the required length of the paper.
- Is the chosen research methodology and choice of sources compatible with the topic and research question(s).
- Has the candidate identified and read key literature (at least 4-5 academic sources, preferably more) for the paper.
- Has the candidate actively used Chinese sources for the paper (this is required and the paper cannot pass without it)
- Does the paper base its arguments and claims in existing literature (with references)
- Does the paper attempt to answer the research question(s) asked.
- To which extent does the paper demonstrate theoretical awareness.
- To which extent does the paper contain reflections on the topic and attempts of independent analysis.
- Does the paper contain theoretical reflections (for instance related to literature) relevant for the topic.
- Is there a clear structure in the text that makes it easy to follow.
- Are there references in-text (with page number reference when needed) and a list of literature used (if not, the paper cannot pass).
- Is there a consistent style of reference.
- Is the language of the text comprehensible (it does not need to be in perfect English, but grades will be lowered if parts of the text are incomprehensible)
Published Dec. 19, 2018 2:56 PM - Last modified Dec. 16, 2019 10:22 AM