The full syllabus will soon be available via Fronter.
In addition, please prepare the following:
Compulsory reading for all participants --
a) Please purchase the following books (available also at the Akademika bookstore):
- Jacka, Tamara, Andrew Kipnis and Sally Sargeson. 2013. Contemporary China: Society and Social Change. Cambridge University Press.
- Joseph, William A.. 2014 (2nd edition). Politics in China. Oxford University Press.
- O'Brien, Kevin J. and Li Lianjiang. 2006 (paperback 2010). Rightful Resistance in Rural China. Cambridge University Press.
b) Download and print these two examples of a book review + reactions by the author(s) (all available through the UiO library net access (and later on Fronter)):
- Brandstädter, Susanne. 2007. Righful Resistance in Rural China [Book Reviews section]. Journal of Peasant Studies 33(4), 710-712.
- Chen, Xi. 2009. Rightful Resistance in Rural China [Book Review]. The China Journal 61, 176-178.
- O’Brien, Kevin. 2013. Rightful Resistance Revisited. The Journal of Peasant Studies 40(6), 1051-1062.
Published May 20, 2016 11:00 AM - Last modified June 7, 2016 10:42 AM