The Norton Anthology of English Literature, Vol I,
ENG2303 Kompendium, Unipub.
Tekster merket (#) finnes i kompendiet, de øvrige i Norton.
- Lady Mary Wortley Montagu,
"Verses Adress'd to the Imitator of the First Satire of the Second Book of Horace" (#)
"Tuesdays" (from the Eclogues) (#)
"Letter to her daughter (28 January 1753)" (#)
- Addison and Steele, Fra The Spectator:
No. 2 “The Spectator Club”
No. 10 “The Aims of the Spectator”
No. 66 “The Education of Girls” (#)
No. 335 “Sir Roger at the Theatre” (#)
- John Gay, The Beggar's Opera
- Alexander Pope,
"Epistle to Bathurst", fra linje 162 til slutten (#)
"Elegy to the Memory of an Unfortunate Lady" (#)
- Dr Johnson, The Rambler, No. 183 “Envy” (#)
- Thomas Gray, "Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard"
- Lord Chesterfield, "Letter to his son (9 October, 1746)" (#)
Daniel Defoe: Moll Flanders, Everyman eller Norton.
Jonathan Swift: Gulliver's Travels, Riverside eller Norton.
Henry Fielding: Joseph Andrews, Riverside.
Roy Porter: English Society in the 18th Century, Penguin. Introduction" og kap. I-IV.