Saeed, John I. : Semantics, 1997. Oxford: Blackwell. Pp. 1-227.
Thomas, Jenny : Meaning in Interaction: An Introduction to Pragmatics, 1995. London & New York: Longman.
Texts in compendium 'ENG2157 Semantics and Pragmatics' (Available at Kopiutsalget, Akademika at the beginning of term.):
• Austin, John Langshaw (1999): “How to do Things with Words.” In A. Jaworski and N. Coupland (eds.): The Discourse Reader. London and New York: Routledge.
• Brown, Penelope and Stephen C. Levinson (1999): “Politeness: Some Universals in Language Usage.” In A. Jaworski and N. Coupland (eds.): The Discourse Reader. London and New York: Routledge.
• Grice, Herbert Paul (1989): “Logic and Conversation.” In H. P. Grice: Studies in the Way of Words. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press.
• Spencer-Oatey, Helen (2002): “Managing rapport in talk: Using rapport sensitive incidents to explore the motivational concerns underlying the management of relations.” Journal of Pragmatics 34/5: 529-545.
• Stubbs, Michael (2002): Words and Phrases: Corpus Studies of Lexical Semantics. Oxford: Blackwell. Chapter 1 and 2, pp. 3-53.
• Wilson, Deirdre and Dan Sperber (1987): “An Outline of Relevance Theory.” Pp. 1-28.