Students shall compose their own reading list of 600-800 pages. This reading list shall include at least:
1. Two master theses’ of your own choice. Master theses are electronically available on www.duo.uio.no.
2. One book about writing academic texts/how to write a master thesis. Choose between:
- Furseth, Inger og Euris Larry Everett (2012) Masteroppgaven. Hvordan begynne og fullføre. Oslo: Universitetsforlaget
- Nygaard, Lynn P. (2015), Writing for scholars. A practical guide to making sense and being heard. 2nd edition. Oslo: Universitetsforlaget
3. One book about media studies. Choose between:
- Scannel, Paddy, Media and Communication. London: Sage, 2007.
- Ytreberg, Espen, Hva er medievitenskap? Universitetsforlaget: Oslo, 2008.
4. Yin, Robert K. (2008): Case study research: Design and Methods. Sage. Also available as e-book. Chs. 1-3. 95 pp.
5. Guidelines for research ethics in the social science, law and the humanities.
6. Research ethics guidelines for Internet research.
7. Wikipedia article on citation
8. Description of one citation style. Choose between:
We also recommend:
Maasø, Arnt: Bachelorboka. Oslo, Universitetsforlaget, especially part 2.