The mandatory activity must be approved before the term paper (project description) can be submitted. The mandatory activity consists of two assignments.
For both assignments: use 12-point font (Times, Times New Roman, Calibri); 1,5 line spacing.
The two assignments must be submitted as one document (PDF) in Fronter by 4th of October at 15:00.
Assignment 1: Thesis outline and research literature
Students shall submit a 2-3 pages outline of their master’s thesis idea (not counting the literature list). The outline must include the following:
- A brief description of the research theme
- An account of how the student has worked to identify relevant research literature:
- What library databases and search engines have been used
- What search-terms have been used
- A brief review of the existing literature. This review shall focus on research questions and/or hypotheses commonly asked/proposed, and students need to identify potential research gaps.
- Preliminary research question(s) and/or hypotheses for the master’s thesis
- An account of methods relevant for the preliminary research question.
- Literature-list with a minimum of 5 journal articles. You may include the complete self-selected literature needed for writing the project description (400-600 pages). If not included in this assignment you must include the complete self-selected literature in the term paper.
Assignment 2: Assess a master’s thesis
Choose a master’s thesis. Assess and discuss the thesis critically with an emphasis on research question(s), literature review and type of investigation.
About 2-3 pages.