Thomas D. Rossing, F. Richard Moore, Paul A. Wheeler: The science of sound, 2002. San Francisco: Addison Wesley. ISBN: 0-8053-8565-7.
- Perry R. Cook: Music, cognition, and computerized sound : an introduction to psychoacoustics (finnes som e-bok fra UiO-nettet)
- Music acoustics online resources at UNSW
This software will be used in the course:
- AudioAnalysis is a small program for realtime analysis of sound
- Audacity is a simple sound editor with powerful analysis tools
- Sonic Visualiser is a sound visualisation and analysis program from Queen Mary's University
- SPEAR allows for visualization and synthesis based on spectral information
- Puredata is a graphical programming framework for sound, music and video
All the above mentioned programs are free and available for Windows, OSX and Linux.
For those who are interested in some more advanced programs, these are also available at MIDI-rommet: