Here's a list of lecture notes that we went through in class, supplementing Vallis' book:
1) PowerPoint on wind-driven flows with topography and stratifiction.
2) Equations on f/H dynamics (to support the above PPT).
3) Notes on layered QG PV dynamics, leading to a discussion on barotropic and baroclinic waves.
4) Notes on the ventilated thermocline (LPS theory).
5) Notes on the energetics of the MOC.
6) Notes on the...
The second oblig can be downloaded here.
The hand-in date will be 5 June.
The final oral examination will be held on 12 June via Zoom.
Department of Geosciences