- The lecture notes (you can find them in the Schedule where they are being added right before or after each lecture)
- A.E. Eiben and J.E. Smith: Introduction to Evolutionary Computing, Second Edition (ISBN 978-3-662-44873-1, available online here when on the UiO network) OR 2nd printing, 2007 (ISBN: 978-3-540-40184-1). Springer.
- Chapters being syllabus is specified in the Schedule.
- S. Marshland: Machine learning: An Algorithmic Perspective. SECOND EDITION (2015), ISBN: 978-1-4665-8328-3, available online here when on the UiO network BUT only for TWO concurrent users
- Chapters being syllabus s specified in the Schedule.
- On-line papers (available for download when on the UiO network)
- Particle Swarm Optimization (only the section about PSO in the pdf)
- Cartesian Genetic Programming chapter (chapter 2 only, you can skip section 2.5)
- Human-level control through deep reinforcement learning. Nature vol 518, pages 529–533, (26 February 2015)
- On-line document (English translated excerpt from Chapter 6 in the book hva er KUNSTIG INTELLIGENS):
Supporting literature (not syllabus, in Norwegian)
Jim Tørresen: hva er KUNSTIG INTELLIGENS, 2013, Universitetsforlaget, ISBN: 9788215020211
Obligatory Mid-Term Exercises (each exercise is PASS/FAIL):
- Two exercises on evolutionary algorithm and machine learning.
- Students registered for INF4490 will be given additional excercises within area of the course.