I am sick and not answering e-mails as much these weeks.
Ifi's oblig system is now in use for this course, which means you all can check if your exercises has been approved at: https://wwws.ifi.uio.no/open/login
When you have questions about the exercises or the feedback please e-mail both Guri and me. Also if the questions is relevant for the rest of your group please include you group members so we can easily reply to all the group members at once.
Please remember to send all your reports to both Elise and Guri!
Elise gives feedback on exercise 2 via email - you'll hear from her soon. Sisse
IT is really important that everyone in the class read the UiO e-mail, because that is where the University will send you all the official information. If you have problems reading your e-mail please contact drift in the ifi-building!
Someone forgot her/his note book in Via to day. You'll find it in my posthylde next to the reception at InterMedia. Sisse
Updated info on groups
- 1: Daniel Grøtting, Nora Holte, Åshild Torpe
- 2: Arne Hassel, Akbar, Siri Stølen
- 3: Bente Bakke, Frode Nordheim, Ebenezer Paintsil
- 4: Joakim Bording, Terese Skavhaug, Erik Nilsson
- 5: Lill Reyes, Abel Sánchez Custido, Jan‐Ole Skotterud
- 6: Øyvind Bakkeli, Zahid Nawaz, Inger Skjerve, Abdirahman Barre
- 7: Christina García Tedjedo, Meghna Jain, Ivica Milanovic
- 8: Odd Arild Berntsen, Ronny Hercz, Gunn Johansen
- 9: Anders Baggethun, Fransisco Estévez García, Anastasia Poroshina
- 10: Mads Jahren, Tommy Madsen, Olav Poppe, Henning Lundheim
- 12: Beata Dopierala, Elin Skipnes, Victoria Gulliksen
NB! There’s been some changes in the lecture plan. Check the ‘detailed teaching plan' to see if your group is affected by the alternations - if they cause waves in your plans, please let me know at the lecture on this coming Wednesday (Sept. 22) and we’ll figure out how to work around them.
Drift at Ifi has technical equipment you can borrow and use for your assignment(s)
If you want to refer and/or cite according to the Harvard Style you’ll find a‘user manual’ here
You have 10-15 min. for your presentations so please time it to know where to cut down and/or where to expand before presenting for the class
I suggest 4-5 slides, which could look something like:
- 1. what is this article about - its main aim and message (e.g. who, what, where)
- 2. explain in what way it is important
- 3. any methods/methodologies used/described in the article – which ones?
- 4. Strengths of choice of method/methodology OR any similarities/differences to other metods/methodologies
- 5. Contribution of the article (e.g. in relation to other articles on syllabus) and how it's relevant for the students of INF5220
The deadline for the first exercise is September 16th, that means anytime before midnight that day.
Tomorrows lecture will be held in the "infra" room at intermedia. If you enter forskningsparken through the side-entrance where you need a key card just pass the reception at intermedia and the room will be on you left hand side.
Todays lecture is held at Forskningsparken in room "via" close to the ciens cantina
Welcome to INF5220 - looking forward meeting you. Please notice that changes in syllabus and lecture plan might occur during the summer. Sisse.