This is a general feedback to all groups
Wednesday September 13th there were 11 wonder documents handed in for the INF 5261 course. Congratulation!!! You have now started, and the rest is continuation ;)
First, some “general” comments to all projects on the way forward:
- Try to think of what “phenomena” you are interested in investigating, i.e what real-world-phenomena are you addressing? By thinking about this, you will get to a description of the more conceptual or theoretical problem space you are working with. Is it about interacting with mobile terminals in context? Is it about specific use situations? Is it about ways of making computer use part of “new” situations.
- By thinking about this; you will start already early on to address the question: What will the contribution of the project be? What “new” knowledge are we going to make?
- To make review (re-view) of both practical solutions/similar systems and review of literature and concepts is important in all projects. Please start early with this activity, of fleshing out related work – both practical and theoretical
- Set a date, where you make a review of your own project – and narrow down what you “actually” will focus on. Often it is a hard job to decide “what to focus upon”, and one way to focus is to decide about what you will “not” do in your project.
- Start early on to include references!!
- Our impression is that writing often becomes easier when you are stating a resarch question, or a few researh questions that you will address and discuss. What are the specific questions that you want to shed light onto and discuss? Your research questions may still be modified as the project progresses forward.
And then, specific comments to your own project
Hide and seek
Flott logo dere allerede har laget!!! Vi fikk lyst til å lete – og gjemme oss når vi
Ideen er jo spennende, og den kan som dere sier taes i flere ulike retninger.
Dere er 5 stykker på gruppa, og da er det helt ok å dele opp i mindre oppgaver som
dere kan jobbe med i “mindre” grupper.
Har dere kontakt med Maja Van Der Velden? Tror det kan være fordel å holde
kontakten med en “oppdragsgiver” underveis, som dere kan få innspill fra.
We advise you to elaborate further when using terms like” Mediation; Mediating tools; Mediating the action of shared locations awareness”, etc. Such terms may easily be misinterpreted and it is essential that are explicit and consistent in how you use them throughout your project.
Jo and Hani