Based on your preferences, the schedule for the oral exam on May 28th is as follows:
Slot 01: 09.00 - 09.20 -> Hval, Tor
Slot 02: 09.30 - 09.50 -> Ligaarden, Ågot
Slot 03: 10.00 - 10.20 -> Rognerud, Heidi Jacobsen
Slot 04: 10.30 - 10.50 -> Viravong, Khamphira
Slot 05: 11.00 - 11.20 -> Reistad, Øyvind Mengshoel
Slot 06: 11.30 - 11.50 -> Bakken, Morten Hordnes
Slot 07: 13.30 - 13.50 -> Rønningen, Ingunn Elisabeth Sundal
Slot 08: 14.00 - 14.20 -> Orucevic, Mili
Slot 09: 14.30 - 14.50 -> Ree, Kjetil Hansen
Slot 10: 15.00 - 15.20 -> Runnestø, Rune
Slot 11: 15.30 - 15.50 -> Walle, Thorbjørn
Slot 12: 16.00 - 16.20 -> Jama, Omar Mohamed
Location: seminar room 3A (next to our lecture room)
Please don't forget to bring a picture ID for identification.
I have initiated the final course evaluation process. You should receive an invitation to fill in the course evaluation questionnaire shortly. The period is May 7 to 31. So you have plenty of time.
You can find a complete summary of the mid-term evaluation in the following directory: http://www.uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/ifi/INF5180/v08/undervisningsmateriale/Course Evaluation
I will schedule the final exam after I have received all your project reports. Recall the deadline for submitting your reports (May 15th at 23:59).
I will be traveling from Friday May 9th till Sunday May 18th and thus might not always have access to my e-mails.
Please don't forget that we have a guest lecture tomorrow. It will be given by Geir Amsjø
Tentative title: "Powerful process improvement with Scrum"
Start time: 9:15 a.m. in lecture room 3B (duration: 2 hours)
After the guest lecture (i.e., during the third lecture hour), I will say a few words about improvement planning (as follow-up to last week's discussion during the lecture), and I will provide information about the marking and grading of the report and oral exam. Of course, you will have the opportunity to ask questions. I have also uploaded the respective slid sets to the directories "Lecture Notes" (--> Part 12) and "Examination". These directories are subdirectories of the "undervisningsmateriale" directory.
As promised during last lecture I have provided a set of slides with "General Writing Guidelines" for technical documents. I used to present this set of slides to my undergraduate students at the University of Calgary. Not all of the slides are relevant for you (i.e., the slide on the structure/contents of executive summary / abstract).
Regarding the formatting of references, you find several links to professional/academic guidelines about the formatting of references on the last slide (no. 10). You are not forced to pick any of these guidelines for your report, but whatever formatting rules you pick, please use them consistently.
During today's lecture, I made several announcements regarding your reports and the oral examination:
1. Submission deadline of the report is Thursday, May 15th at the end of the day (23:59). As we don't have a lecture on this day, the report must be submitted electronically as a PDF file to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. I will try to mark the reports before the oral exam takes place. Since I have to keep the reports in my possession, I will e-mail my evaluation to everyone who submitted a report individually. You can get up to 16 marks. Evaluation criteria have been presented during the first lecture and can be found on the lecture slides.
3. The oral exam will take place on May 28th. I will send out an e-mail to all students enrolled in the course with a schedule for the exams. Everybody who wishes to take the oral exams needs to register for it within a certain time frame (to be specified in the e-mail). You will be allowed to s...
Hei. The results of the mid-term course evaluation can be found in the folder "Course Evaluation" under "undervisningsmateriale". In total, 15 students responded. Thanks and see you tomorrow.
1) I was sick and in hospital but still managed to read all your project report outlines. I will return them tomorrow during the lecture.
2) I noticed that several of you are keen to learn more about process assessment and especially CMMI. Thus I decided to make a little change in the course program. The lecture on "Learning from Experience" will be moved after the lectures on "Process Assessment" and "Process Improvement Frameworks".
Hei. There was a problem with accessing the course evaluation form, because I had set the year to 2009 instead of 2008. I have now corrected this mistake and you should be able to access, fill in, and submit the form. The form will be open till 14th March. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by my mistake.
Hei. Most of the student presentations given on Wednesday, Feb 27th, are available in the following folder: http://www.uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/ifi/INF5180/v08/undervisningsmateriale/?vrtx=admin
Hei. I noticed that not everybody could find the slides of the last lecture and additional materials for reading. In order to get access to these documents, I guess you have to log in with your UiO account. Then yo should go to the following URL:
Within this folder, you find subfolders "Lecture Notes" and "Reading Materials". I hope this works. Please let me know in case you encounter problems. Mvh Dietmar.
Hei. I uploaded today's lecture slides and a few complimentary reading materials. Mvg Dietmar Pfahl
Dear Students: Please recall that course INF5180 will start at 9:15 a.m. on Wednesday, January 23, 2008. Attending the first lecture is mandatory as I will introduce the lecture topics and provide information on the way the course will be run (incl. student evaluation and grading).