HMS0501 – Safety and Physical Environment
It is our goal that students and employees have a safe working environment, and to ensure that all teaching and research takes place within safe conditions. This course will focus on how we all can contribute to achieving this goal.
After completing the course you should know:
- What HSE is and what objectives the University of Oslo has for HSE
- How the University of Oslo wants to ensure its safety objectives and what responsibilities you have as a student
- How to carry out a simple risk assessment
- What you should do if you become aware of, or is subject to, an adverse event
- How to report HSE incidents
The course is compulsory for:
- New students in the following bachelor programs:
- all bachelor programs at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Science
- Dental Health
- New students in the following 5-year Master programs:
- New students in following Master programs:
- New students in Medicine - 6 years
- Other students taking a course having HMS0501 as a prerequisite.
If you have completed all components of Error: java.lang.NullPointerException you are exempt from HMS0501.
If you previously only completed some sections of MNHMS0015 you will have to complete the parts you have not yet done, that is, either the corresponding e-learning courses (HMS0501 and HMS0502) and/or HMS0507. Further information on transitional arrangements.
The course is an individual online course. The course is available on a smart phone, PC, Mac or tablet. You can access the online course here: ehms.uio.no/#/1/en
You need to be registered for the course and exam in Student Web to complete the online digital exam.
The online course includes an online digital exam that you need to pass, to successfully complete the course. Please note that you will have to be registered for the course in StudentWeb to complete the exam. You have to wait until the day after you have been registered for the course to take the test.
The digital exam is multiple choice and you can take the exam more than once. When you have passed the exam you will receive an email confirming you have passed the course.
Grades are awarded on a pass/fail scale. Read more about the grading system.
The course is subject to continuous evaluation. At regular intervals we also ask students to participate in a more comprehensive evaluation.
If HMS0501 is a degree requirement or a formal prerequisite for any of the courses in your degree, you will not get your degree approved until you have passed the course.