HMS0505 – Electricity Safety
The course discusses the dangers associated electricity both for persons and property and provide a brief review of the danger level at current (I) and voltage (V). Moreover affected issues related to grounding and electrostatic discharge (ESD).
The module will be appropriate for most situation you find yourself in at UiO as well as at home.
After completing the course you should:
- have gained awareness that your work with electricity can harm others
- have knowledge of electrical terms that are essential for safety
- know the hazards of working with electricity and consider risk
- know the actions that can reduce risk
- have knowledge of first aid in case of damage from electricity
- Students taking a course having HMS0505 as a prerequisite
- New students in the following bachelor programs:
- New students at the following Master's programs:
- New students in the following 5-year Master programs:
- New students in Medicine - 6 years
The course overlaps with Error: java.lang.NullPointerException.
The course is an individual online course. The course is available on a smart phone, PC, Mac or tablet. You can access the online course here: ehms.uio.no/#/5/en
You need to be registered for the course and exam in Student Web to complete the online digital exam.
The online course includes an online digital exam that you need to pass, to successfully complete the course. Please note that you will have to be registered for the course in StudentWeb to complete the exam. You have to wait until the day after you have been registered for the course to take the test.
The digital exam is multiple choice and you can take the exam more than once. When you have passed the exam you will receive an email confirming you have passed the course. You have to wait until the day after you registered for the course to take the test to get a pass.
Grades are awarded on a pass/fail scale. Read more about the grading system.
The course is subject to continuous evaluation. At regular intervals we also ask students to participate in a more comprehensive evaluation.
If HMS0505 is a degree requirement or a formal prerequisite for any of the courses in your degree, you will not get your degree approved until you have passed the course.