HMS0506 – Patient Clinic Safety
In this course we will provide you with basic knowledge about the various risks when working in a patient clinic. You will meet different patient groups and work processes. When studying / working in a clinic you will need knowledge of methods and equipment that you need to perform the work in a manner safe to yourself, the patients and your colleagues. Work will in varying degrees lead you in contact with infectious agents, chemicals, radiation and different human behavior.
After completing the course you will be able to consider various risk factors and implement measures to create a safe working environment in a clinic.
- Basic protection from communicable diseases
- Put in place suitable protective measures to protect from communicable diseases
- How to treat infectious waste
- Where to find information about personal protective gear
- Which medical instruments in a clinic that can cause radiation damage
- How to assess the risk of radiation
- How to find information on protection against radiation damage
- Introduction on how to act when patients are behaving in a physically or verbally threatening manner
- What to do if you encounter an incident in a clinic
- How to report incidents
The course is compulsory for:
The course is an individual online course. The course is available on a smart phone, PC, Mac or tablet.
You need to be registered for the course and exam in Student Web to complete the online digital exam.
The online course includes an oline digital exam that you need to pass, to pass the course. Please note that you will have to be registered for the course in StudentWeb to complete the exam.
The digital exam is multiple choice and you can take the exam more than once. When you have passed the exam you will receive an email confirming you have passed the course.
Grades are awarded on a pass/fail scale. Read more about the grading system.
The course is subject to continuous evaluation. At regular intervals we also ask students to participate in a more comprehensive evaluation.
If HMS0506 is a degree requirement or a formal prerequisite for any of the courses in your degree, you will not get your degree approved until you have passed the course.