SNE4110 Obligatory reading:
SNE 4110 - Education for All
All texts marked with an asterisk are available in a compendium (SNE4110) which will be for sale from "Kopiutsalget" in Akademika bookshop, Blindern campus.
Bronfenbrenner, Urie. (1979). The Ecology of Human Development. Cambridge, Harvard University Press. Chapter 2, 4, 5, 7, 9-11 188 p.
* Bronfenbrenner, Urie and Morris, P.A (2006). The Bioecological Model of Human Development. In W. Damon and R.M. Lerner (Editors-in-Chief) and R.M. Lerner (Volume Editor), Handbook of Child Psychology Vol. 1. Theoretical Models of Human Development (6th ed). New York: John Wiley & Sons. 32 p.
* Johnsen, Berit H. (2001). Introduction to the History of Special Needs Education towards Inclusion - A Norwegian and European Context. In B. H. Johnsen & M. D. Skjørten (eds.). Education - Special Needs Education: An Introduction (pp.133 – 154). Oslo, Unipub. 11 p.
* Johnsen, Berit H. (2001). Educational Policies and Debate concerning the School for All and Special Needs Education - National Perspective: The Situation in Norway. In B. H. Johnsen & M. D. Skjørten (eds.). Education – Special Needs Education: An Introduction (155 – 173). Oslo, Unipub. 18 p.
Kirk, Samuel A. et. al. (2006). Educating exceptional children. Eleventh edition. USA, Hougthon Mifflin Company. Chapter 1. Educating Exceptional Children (pp 2 – 32). Chapter 2. Exceptional Children and Social Institutions: Schools, Government, and the Courts (pp 33 – 75). 73 p.
* World Health Organization. (2002). Towards a Common Language for Functioning, Disability and Health. ICF. Geneva. 23 p.
* UN. (1991). Convention on the Rights of the Child. New York, United Nations. 15 p.
* UN. (1994). Standard Rules on the Equalization of Opportunities for Persons with Disability. New York, United Nations. 50 p.
* UNESCO. (1994). The Salamanca Statement and Framework for Action on Special Needs Education. 47 p.
* UNESCO (2004). EFA Global Monitoring Report 2005. Education for All: The quality imperative. Chapter 1. Understanding Education Quality (pp 27 – 37) Chapter 2. The Importance of Good Quality: What research tells us (pp. 38- 80) Paris. 52 p.
* Vislie, Lise. (2003). From integration to inclusion: focusing global trends and changes in the western European societies. Eur. J. of Special Needs Education, Vol. 18, No. 1. 14p.
Additional individually selected reading