Guidelines for the term paper in SOS4510 - Cultural Sociology
The term paper must be submitted in Inspera within the stipulated deadline. The deadline for the term paper can be found on the semester page of the course and in Studenweb. The candidate number must be obtained from Studentweb. Do not write your name in the term paper, but use the candidate number instead.
The topic of the paper must be selected from within the area covered by the course specialization. The topic must be approved by the person with course responsibility. It is recommended that the paper is largely based on the syllabus, but this is not a requirement.
Students enrolled for SOS4510 – Cultural Sociology may also submit the term paper as a group. The group can consist of two to three students. Please inform the course instructor if you wish to submit as a group a few weeks before the submission deadline.
Practical information about the assignment
- The paper must be about 4,000 words (+/- 10 %). (Estimate about 400 words per page.)
- Use 12 point font and a 1.5 line spacing.
- There must be an approximately 10-line summary at the beginning of the paper
- Include page numbers
- The list of references must conclude with the sentence: "All sources that have been used in this paper have been listed". - With this sentence you confirm that you have listed all the literature, you have used in your term paper, in the list of references.
- For guidelines about use of sources, see: 'An introduction to writing of assignments in sociology'
- The front page of the paper must include the following information:
1. The title of the paper
2. The name of the course and the person with course responsibility
3. Date and place of submission
4. Candidate number
5. The number of words in the paper (front page, summary, references and any appendixes do not count towards the word Count)
Additional information if you submit the exam paper as a group
- If you submit the paper as a group effort, the total word count must be 50 % longer (total: 6000 words) for groups of two students and 75 % longer (total: 7000 words) for groups of three students.
- All of the group members must write their candidate number on the front page of the exam paper.
- Only one member of the group submit the paper in Inspera.