Guidelines for the term paper in the specialization courses at the 4000 level
The following applies to the term paper in the topical specialization courses at the 4000-level in the master's programme in sociology. The term paper in SOS4510 – Cultural Sociology has its own guidelines.
The term paper must be submitted in Inspera within the stipulated deadline. The deadline for the term paper can be found on the semester page of the course and in StudenWeb. The candidate number must be obtained from Studentweb. Do not write your name in the term paper, but use the candidate number instead.
The topic of the paper must be selected from within the area covered by the course specialization. The topic must be approved by the person with course responsibility. It is recommended that the paper is largely based on the syllabus, but this is not a requirement.
Practical information about the assignment
- The paper must be about 4,000 words (+/- 400 words). (Estimate about 400 words per page.)
- Use 12 point font and a 1.5 line spacing.
- There must be an approximately 10-line summary at the beginning of the paper
- Include page numbers
- The list of references must conclude with the sentence: "All sources that have been used in this paper have been listed". - With this sentence you confirm that you have listed all the literature, you have used in your term paper, in the list of references.
- For guidelines about use of sources, see: 'An introduction to writing of assignments in sociology'
- The front page of the paper must include the following information:
1. The title of the paper
2. The name of the course and the person with course responsibility
3. Date and place of submission
4. Candidate number
5. The number of words in the paper (front page, summary, references and any appendixes do not count towards the word Count)