Function description for Fire Prevention Adviser (EHMSB)
Fire Prevention Adviser at Unit for HSE and Emergency Preparedness (EHMSB).
Responsibilities and roles
The Fire Prevention Adviser at the EHMSB has overall system responsibility for the fire safety area and shall provide support to UiO’s management and units. The Fire Prevention Adviser shall contribute technical and professional advisory expertise.
The Fire Prevention Adviser must have the necessary expertise in order to perform his/her duties, with particular emphasis on regulations, risk management and organisational factors. The expertise shall also include knowledge of building elements, installations and equipment in UiO’s buildings, as well as the fire brigade’s emergency response options.
- Ensure that the undertaking has a satisfactory and up-to-date management system for fire prevention.
- Implement risk assessments at a central level and maintain an overview of the most important risks identified.
- Report to and keep own management regularly informed about significant issues pertaining to systematic fire prevention work, including an active see-to-it role to ensure follow-up in practice.
- Close dialogue with faculties, museums, University Library, centres, the Estate Department and student pubs to ensure that the guidelines for fire prevention work are implemented.
- Dialogue with the operational safety staff, emergency services and external partners.
- Follow up on fire incidents in collaboration with the Estate Department and the units and ensure registration in the Speak up portal.
- Carry out fire prevention training of key personnel and help develop the safety culture at UiO.
- Supervisory contact for the fire brigade.
- Administratively process and participate in fire inspection.