Function description for Technical Fire Advisor (EA)
The Fire Adviser in the Estate Department ‑ Facilities Management, Building Engineering Section.
Responsibilities and roles
The Fire Adviser shall contribute professional expertise to UiO’s buildings, particularly related to fire-resistant infrastructure.
The Fire Adviser shall have the necessary expertise to perform his/her duties. The expertise shall include knowledge about building elements, installations and equipment in buildings as well as upgrading requirements. The Fire Adviser shall also be familiar with current regulations, fire risk, product development, organisational factors and the fire brigade’s emergency response options.
- Act as fire safety adviser.
- Overview of required and scheduled rectification and upgrading work.
- Participate in fire inspections.
- Coordinate and plan measures to meet the requirements of applicable regulations.
- Assist in the preparation, updating and follow-up of risk assessments.
- Report to and keep the manager regularly informed about significant issues concerning the work on the owner’s systematic fire safety work.
- Follow up fire incidents in cooperation with the Unit for HSE and Emergency Preparedness and the units.