Norwegian language courses
UiO offers different types and levels of Norwegian language courses catering to the various needs of its international community. All courses are offered at a fee. Check with your host department whether sponsorship is available. Please be aware that it is at the department's discretion how to handle this issue.
- Short Norwegian courses (NORIR)
- 8 week-long Norwegian courses for international researchers and accompanying partners with an ambition to use Norwegian in everyday life and basic work situations. No course credits can be earned.
- Norwegian for academics (NORA)
- Semester-long Norwegian courses for international researchers aiming to learn advanced Norwegian and be able to work within their professional field in Norwegian. Course credits can be earned to fulfil requirements if you are applying for a permanent residence permit
- Intensive Norwegian summer courses (ISS)
- 6 week-long, intensive summer courses for international researchers with an ambition to acquire comprehensive Norwegian language skills in a short period of time. Course credits can be earned to fulfil requirements if you are applying for a permanent residence permit.