Registration for Nordic nationals

Swedish, Danish, Icelandic or Finnish nationals may stay and work in Norway indefinitely without a permit. However, if you plan to stay for more than six months or work, there are a couple of formalities you must follow up on.

ID check and notification of change of address

If you plan to live in Norway for more than six months, you must visit a tax office for an ID check and submit a notification of move to Norway from abroad ( no later than eight days after your arrival in Norway.

Tax card

If you work in Norway, you must get a tax card, irrespective of the length of your stay.

Register at the Post office

To make sure that your personal letters reaches you (including letters from the tax office), it is highly recommended that you go to a post office/post-in-shop to register your address as soon as possible.

    ISMO's services

    We offer advice on all questions related to the application and renewal of visas and permits.

    Contact us

    Published Sep. 19, 2018 12:04 PM - Last modified Jan. 24, 2022 4:16 PM