Install on PC
Installing Office 365
Hold on: Are you an employee at the University of Oslo (UiO)? If you are, you have the UiO supported version of the Office programs installed on your work computer. That is why you should not install Office 365 on your work computer. Feel free to install it on your laptop or private computer and devices. OneDrive is included when you install Office programs from Office 365, but if you want to use OneDrive on your work computer you have to download it separately from Microsoft's home page.
Simple install guide
- Log in to Office 365 from the Office page on UiO's web page. What language you use depends om the language preferences in your browser.
- A new window will open. In front of you is an overview of the apps you have available, and where you currently have installed them.
- Choose the language you wish to use, and press the Install button.
- You'll be prompted do download a file.
- The program will install when you open this file. You will be able to use several of the Office 365 programs while they install, but this is not recommended as you might lose unsaved files if you lose your internet connection.
- Choose Use recommended settings
- Click on Next
- Click on Log on
- Fill in email@example.com, where username is your UiO username. The password is your UiO password.
- Choose how you want Office to look and click on Next. The installation process has now finished.
- If you wish to change the default language of Office 365 you need to change the language of the operating system.
Sending files to OneDrive
When you install Microsoft Office to your computer, this includes «OneDrive for Business 2013». This app creates a folder on your computer, and all files placed in this folder will automatically be synchronized to your OneDrive network drive.
NB: Windows 7 is often bundled with OneDrive. This version of OneDrive will not work with your UiO account. Always make sure that you use OneDrive for Business, which is bundled with Office 365.
- Office 365 is a cloud based service. Documents saved to OneDrive should be considered vulnerable, and you should consider the information security when using the service.
- Office 365 is a cloud based service. You have to give consent to the conditions of use before you can use Office 365