Bike Party: Cheap bikes for sale, repair workshops and more
Buy a new bicycle, or get your old one fixed for free, or sell it at the bicycle party!
Photo: UiO/ Jarli & Jordan.
All new and returning students at UiO are invited to our bicycle festival for students!
Here you can buy a cheap and good bike at the bike market, join a spinning class, or get your own bike fixed for free by one of our professional bike mechanics.
We have a designated area where you can sell your old bike, or buy one from your fellow students.
Also, there will be guided bike trips, activities and competitions and free bike-coffee. Food and drinks can be purchased from SiO Food & Beverage.
- A bicycle flea market, hosted by Oslo Kommune, is selling cheap bikes.
- The bike repair will take place in Bike Kitchen, located in Niels Henrik Abels Hus. Two pop-up repair shops will be outside the same building. You can book a service in advance, or come to the drop-in at 1 PM.
- The duo FATBALD will show pictures from their bike-adventure across USA, at Bike Kitchen at 3:30 PM.
- The student bicycle market, for selling and buying, will be located in front of Akademika. Bring the bike you want to sell and register it at our stand. We will sell it for you.
- Stands will be spread out across Frederikkeplassen.
- A mobile bicycle barista, serving free coffee to students.
Join our Facebook-group for International students for updates and teasers before the event.