Printing from Android telephones or tablets
NB: Mobile printing can be used by devices with Android. UiOs printing system does not support printing from units with iOS, i.e. iPhone and iPad.
How you print from mobilprint.uio.no:
1. Go to mobilprint.uio.no in your web browser, fill inn username and password, and click Login.
2. Click on Choose file, and navigate to the file you wish to print. Click on Next.
3. You will get a message that tells you that the printer job has been added successfully. You can also see the status of the print job at the bottom of the window.
NB: If it is the first time you print on a printer with a card reader, you need to register your card. Check your e-mail before you go to the printer. You should have received an e-mail with a PUK code. Use the code when registering the card on the printer for the first time.
- Read more about registration of card from step 4 and on in the general guide for card registration. The first steps concern choosing printer queue, which does not apply to mobile printing. If you have previously printed on a printer with a card reader from a computer or a mobile device, you do not need to register the card.
4. Bring your card and collect the document at a printer of your choosing by using the card reader on the printer. Read more about getting your print from step 4 and on in the general guide. (The first steps concerns choosing printer queue, which does not apply to printing from mobilprint.uio.no)
NOTE: Prints that are not released within 24 hours will be deleted.
5. If the screen on the printer does not show your printer jobs, press the button that shows a dark screen on the bottom button row to the left of the screen on the printer.