- Some programmes require documentation that is not listed below; please refer to the relevant programme description for specific information.
- You must upload scanned copies of your supporting documents into the application portal. You do not need to send any documents by post, however, for some of the countries mentioned below, we require that specific documents are sent directly from the issuing institution.
- Please name your uploaded files as suggested in the tables below, and follow our guidelines for uploading documents.
This page will be updated in September/October and January/February.
Countries with specific documentation requirements
Some countries have specific documentation requirements. If your country is not listed here, please scroll down for general information.
If you have completed education in more than one of the countries listed above, you should check information on all relevant pages.
Recognition procedure for applicants without verifiable documentation
If you have completed education from Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iraq, Yemen, Liberia, Libya, Sierra Leone or Somalia, you must apply for recognition of your education from NOKUT before you can apply for admission to the University of Oslo.
NOKUT has a specific recognition procedure for persons without verifiable documentation (the UVD-procedure).
You must have a valid residence permit in Norway in order to be eligible for the UVD-procedure.
What do you need to submit?
|Copy of foreign passport or ID card||
Please note that only a copy of the ID-page is required.
Name the pdf file passport or idcard.
|Documentation of name change (if applicable)||
Documentation of name change must be uploaded if your name appears different in any document.
Name the pdf file namechange.
|Documentation of English language proficiency||
Documentation of English language proficiency must be documented by vitnemål or kompetansebevis from Norwegian upper Secondary school or an internationally recognised English language proficiency test.
If applicable, name the pdf file vgs / english.
If you are applying for a programme taught in Norwegian, you do not need to document English language proficiency as described above if you fulfill the Higher Education Entrance Qualifications
|Documentation of completed secondary education||
You must upload a scanned copy of the original diploma/ certificate and transcripts of grades. You can check SøknadsWeb to see if we have registered your GSK from Norwegian Upper Secondary school. See print screen.
Name the pdf file secondary.
|Final bachelor's degree diploma(s)/certificate(s)||
You must upload a scanned copy of the original document. If you hold a master's degree you should also upload your original master's degree diploma as well as the bachelor's degree diploma.
Name the pdf file(s) bachelor / master.
|Transcript of records for your bachelor's degree||
You must upload a scanned copy of the original transcript/academic record. You must also submit separate transcripts for courses/modules from other institutions included in your degree, such as exchange semesters, transfer credits or in cases of admission to a bachelor’s program due to advanced standing.
If you hold a master's degree you should also upload a transcript of records for your master's degree.
If you have education from a country with special documentation requirements please check if the transcript of records must be sent us directly from the institution.
Name the pdf file(s) bachelortranscr / mastertranscr.
|Courses to be completed||
Are you completing your degree/relevant courses in the same semester as the application deadline?
Within the application deadline you must upload:
Within the deadline for supplementary documents you must upload:
Only applicable for Nordic and EU/EEA/Swiss Citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway.
Name the pdf file course-completion
If the language of the original document is not English or a Scandinavian language, you must upload an official translation made by an authorized translator. Please note that the original language version must always accompany the translation.
Name the pdf file(s) bachelortransl / mastertransl.
Education from the University of Oslo
|Final degree diploma and transcript of records||
Documentation of financing
|Documentation of financing (if applicable)||
Non-EU/EEA applicants must document financing with their application. Not applicable for EU/EEA citizens, Nordic citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway.
Name the pdf file financing.
Important about documentation:
- You are responsible for uploading all required documentation, as well as ensuring that it is uploaded within the application deadline. As it may take several weeks for institutions and test centres to provide transcripts and/or test scores, please arrange for these documents to be issued as soon as possible.
- You are liable for the uploaded documents, i.e. that they represent true and unaltered information.
- Wrongful or misleading information may lead to dismissal and loss of right to study, according to § 7 of Regulations governing studies and examinations at the University of Oslo.
- Submission of fraudulent documents is illegal, and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- A random selection of students will be asked to present original documents before starting their studies.
- Please note that we maintain the right to contact institutions, firms, associations and government agencies for the purpose of explanation and/or verification of uploaded documents.