End of stay

Bildet kan inneholde: himmel, vann, sky, anlegg, statue.

If you are leaving not only UiO but also Norway, there are some practical matters and formalities that need your attention. 

Notify the tax office

You must notify the Norwegian Tax Administration if you are moving to a non-Nordic country. Follow the instructions and submit the form to the tax administration (skatteetaten.no).

This notification should be made at the earliest 14 days before leaving Norway.

New address

You must also notify the postal services of your new address (posten.no). This will ensure that your mail is forwarded to your new address the first two months after your move.

Close down accounts

You must close down or check with the bank if you can keep your Norwegian bank account. 

Final tax assessment

Your final Norwegian tax assessment will be in April the year after you received your final wage from UiO. To be able to access it and communicate with the tax administration it is recommended that you retain your secured electronical ID for the Norwegian public services portal (difi.no) for the first year after leaving the country. Make sure that the correct bank account is registered with the Norwegian Tax Administration. 

Adios, arrivederci, auf Wiedersehen, au revoir,  再见, goodbye, khodâfez, kwa heri, farvel!