More about the student residential housing network at Blinderen Studenterhjem
Remember to read the following:
- What you shouldn't do on the Student Residential Housing Network
- Wireless networks (WLAN) are prohibited in the student residential housings
- Incoming TCP-traffic is blocked.
- The student residential housing network uses DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) for allocation of IP-numbers. This means you won't have a permanent IP-address.
- Your computer is not directly accessibly for those outside of UiO, which implies that web pages, documents and files you're sharing with the other students in your residential housing won't show up outside of the network. If you wish to run your own webserver, your pages will not be accessible to the outside world. At this occation we remind you that sharing of copyrighted material (via BitTorrent, Kazaa, DirectConnect etc) is not allowed on the student residential housing network.
Published July 29, 2010 1:34 PM - Last modified Aug. 8, 2011 1:17 PM