What is Mattermost?
- Mattermost is a fully featured chat service which can be used on most platforms.
- The service runs locally at the UiO and can be used if you do not want to use cloud based services.
- The interaction takes place in public channels, private channels and in instant messaging.
- Everything is archived and searchable, and is available from desktop, laptop and smartphone.
- Mattermost is available in a web browser, but can also be downloaded from Mattermost's website. The application is available on Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android.
- In the fall of 2019 Mattermost was opened for use also in teaching. Users who are not IT staff can order channel creation and self-register user groups.
Mattermost for IT staff
IT staff at UiO have their own team in Mattermost. Access to this is linked to the role of local IT staff. Contact USIT if you as IT staff have not been granted access.
Students and members of faculty:
Order channels, open or private, though an ordering form. Students get access to the channels they are added to.
What can I send and store?
Log on with your UiO user name and password.
What can I send and store??
IT staff can send up to red data in closed channels.