Get your admission requirements and application deadline for this programme by following our guide.
Check your admission requirements and when to apply
Answer three questions in our admission guide to get
your application deadline
which documents to submit
access to the application portal Søknadsweb
Selected program requirements (visible to UiO employees only)
You must have a bachelor’s degree comparable to a Norwegian bachelor’s degree.
Required specialization and minimum grade requirement
You must have a minimum grade average comparable to a Norwegian C in the required specialization. A Norwegian C is described as a good grade, generally comparable to an American B and a Second Class Upper in the British system. We do not use conversion tables for foreign grades. All foreign education is individually evaluated during the admission process.
Please note that eligible applicants who fulfill the minimum grade requirement will compete for a study place. Please see the section on ranking for more information on selection criteria.
You are required to have a specialization within health science or social science. If the specialization is within social sciences, we recommend that you have some relevant work experience or other type of experience or training within health.
Further documentation for this program
- A Statement of purpose letter
- Maximum 1 page. In this motivation letter you should write a little about your background and how it fits into this program, and indicate topics or areas of research you would like to get involved in and if there are any countries or regions you are most interested in, as well as other relevant information. The letter must be written in English. Please name the file: SOP-INTHE.
- Maximum 2 pages. Please name the file: CV
- Documentation of relevant work experience (if applicable)
Ranking of applicants
Selection is based on your academic performance in the required subjects for this programme.
Admission to this programme is usually highly competitive. Please note that even if you fulfill the minimum grade requirement, you are not guaranteed a study place in the programme.
All applications are evaluated by an admission's committee. Additional points may be given for:
- Statement of purpose (up to 1 point)
- Relevant work experience (up to 0,5 points)