This study programme starts in August.
When to apply
- EU/EEA/Swiss applicants: from 1 February until 1 March
- Nordic citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway: from 1 February until 15 April
- Non-EU/EEA applicants: from 1 October until 1 December
How to apply
- EU/EEA/Swiss applicants: Application procedure
- Nordic citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway: Application procedure
- Non-EU/EEA applicants: Application procedure
Admission to master's degree studies requires:
- country list. and a completed bachelor's degree comparable to a Norwegian bachelor's degree. Applicants with foreign education, please refer to the
- a specialization defined by the programme
- a minimum grade average of C (in the Norwegian grading scale) or equivalent from the specialization in your degree.
- a language requirement documented by one of the tests/exams below:
a) Passed examination in English foundation course (140 hours/5 periods per week) with a minimum grade of 4 in Norwegian upper secondary school (or an equivalent grade from a Nordic upper secondary school) or passed examination in English from second and/or third school year in Norwegian upper secondary school, or
b) An internationally recognised English language proficiency test.
- A specialization of at least 80 ECTS credits in English, with a grade average of C.
- A minimum of 20 ECTS credits in English at the 2000 level - of which 10 ECTS credits must be in English Language - must either be a part of your specialization or come in addition.
Students that have English, intermediate subject (mellomfag), with a grade of minimum 2,7, are also qualified to apply.
You have to upload all required documents in UiO's online application portal.
Ranking of applicants
Applicants are ranked according to their grade average in the specialization of their degree. Applicants who cannot be ranked according to their grade average, will be ranked on the basis of an individual assessment.
Admission to this to this programme is usually highly competitive. Please note that even if you fulfill the minimum grade requirement, this does not guarantee you a study place in the programme.