Documentation requirements - China
School Leaving Certificate + 4 years university education + English proficiency
Documents to be uploaded:
All applicants must upload scanned copies of their supporting documents into the application portal, please name your uploaded files as suggested in the tables below.
|Copy of passport or ID card||
Please note that only a copy of the ID-page is required. The passport must be valid for at least six months after your departure from Norway.
Name the pdf file passport or idcard
|Documentation of name change (if applicable)||
Documentation of name change must be uploaded if your name appears different in any document.
Name the pdf file namechange
|Documentation of English language proficiency||
Documentation of English language proficiency must be documented by an internationally recognised English language proficiency test:
Please note that a proficiency certificate from your university does not cover the English language requirement.
Name the pdf file english.
Secondary education / High School
School leaving certificate:
A scanned copy of the original diploma/certificate must be uploaded.
Name the pdf file secondary.
Transcript of records:
A scanned copy of the original transcript of records must be uploaded.
Name the pdf file secondary-transcr.
|Verification reports in English from CHESICC or CDGDC||
Verification reports for your graduation certificate and transcript of records from CHESICC.
Please make sure that the reports include the "online verification code".
As of 1 July 2018, CDGDC no longer provides verification reports of transcript of records or degree certificates in English, but if you already have verification reports for your degree certificate and transcript of records issued before 1 July 2018 from CDGDC, you can use these reports instead of ordering new reports from CHESICC.
Please make sure that the CDGDC reports include the "file number".
How to submit the reports
For more information about the services provided by these offices, please contact them directly.
The reports (including the verified academic records/transcript of records) must be scanned and uploaded to the application portal by the applicant, or sent directly by the verification office to the International Summer School using the following address:
International Summer School
Name your pdf file(s) verif-bachelor / verif-bachelor-graduationcert / verif-bachelor-transcr
If you hold a master's degree you should also provide verification reports for graduation certificate and transcript of records from CHESICC or your master's degree diploma/certificate and transcript of records from CDGDC.
Name your pdf file(s) verif-master / verif-master-graduationcert / verif-master-transcr
(degree diploma, transcript of records and graduation certificate)
Scans of your original bachelor degree diploma, transcript of records and graduation certificate must be uploaded.
If you hold a master's degree you should also upload scans of your original master's degree diploma, transcript of records and graduation certificate.
Name your pdf file(s) bachelor / bachelor-graduationcert / bachelor-transcr / master / master-graduationcert / master-transcr
If the language of the original documents is not English, official translations made by an authorized translator must be enclosed. Please note that the original language versions must always accompany the translations.
Name your pdf file(s) bachelortransl / bachelortransl-transcr / bachelortransl-gradcert/ mastertransl / mastertransl-transcr / mastertransl-gradcert
Statement of purpose, CV and letter of recommendation
|Statement of purpose||
Your statement of purpose should be one page, typed, double spaced (max. 400 words). Tell us why the course is important to you, how it helps you fulfill future goals or how it relates to your current studies or employment. Briefly state your personal qualities that make you a good representative of your country.
Name the file statement
|CV||Name the file cv|
|Letter of recommendation||
You should submit one letter of recommendation from a person who is not related to you by blood or marriage. The referee should give information regarding your character, intellectual ability and seriousness of purpose. The letter should be written on official letterhead and must include contact information for the reference person. The letter should come from your professor, lecturer, headmaster, or your employer.
Name the file recommendation
Important about documentation:
- Upload documents preferably in PDF or JPG format in the online application portal (Søknadsweb) by the application deadline.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- You are responsible for uploading all required documentation, as well as ensuring that it is uploaded within the application deadline. As it may take several weeks for institutions and test centres to provide transcripts and/or test scores, please arrange for these documents to be issued as soon as possible.
- You are liable for your uploaded documents, i.e. that they represent true and unaltered information.
- Wrongful or misleading information may lead to dismissal and loss of right to study, according to § 7 of Regulations governing studies and examinations at the University of Oslo.
- Submission of fraudulent documents is illegal, and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- A random selection of students can be asked to present their original documents before starting their studies.
- Please note that we maintain the right to contact institutions, firms, associations and government agencies for the purpose of explanation and/or verification of uploaded documents.