Documentation requirements - USA
High School Graduation Diploma + 4 years university / college studies in academic subjects
All applicants must upload scanned copies of their supporting documents into the application portal, please name your uploaded files as suggested in the tables below.
|Copy of passport or ID card||
Please note that only a copy of the ID-page is required. The passport must be valid for at least six months after your departure from Norway.
Name the pdf file passport or idcard
|Documentation of name change (if applicable)||
Documentation of name change must be uploaded if your name appears different in any document.
Name the pdf file namechange
|Documentation of English language proficiency||Applicants who have completed a minimum of one year's university studies in academic subjects in the US are exempt from submitting an English language test.|
High School graduation diploma and transcript
A scanned copy of the transcript must be uploaded.
Name the pdf file secondary.
Final bachelor's degree diploma
A scanned copy of the original document must be uploaded. If you hold a master's degree you should also upload your original master's degree diploma as well as the bachelor's degree diploma.
Name your pdf file(s) bachelor / master
Note: If it is clear from the official transcript that the degree is awarded, you do not have to upload your final diploma.
Transcript of records for your bachelor's degree
E-transcript sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Official transcript sent directly from the issuing institution to:
International Summer School
Upload a student copy of your transcript of records.
Do you have transfer credits?
Then you must provide separate official transcripts directly from each of the issuing institutions.
If you hold a master's degree, you should submit an official transcript of records for this degree as well.
Name your pdf file(s) bachelortranscr / mastertranscr.
|Courses to be completed - Only applicable for Nordic and EU/EEA/Swiss Citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway.||
Are you completing your degree/relevant courses in the same semester as the application deadline?
Within the application deadline you must upload:
If you are admitted you must submit your final transcript and diploma before the start of the program. If you have not received your diploma yet, you must upload a confirmation from you educational institution stating that you have obtained a degree.
Only applicable for Nordic and EU/EEA/Swiss Citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway.
Name the pdf file course-completion
If the language of the original document is not English, an official translation made by an authorized translator must be uploaded. Please note that the original language version must always accompany the translation.
Name your pdf file(s) bachelortransl / mastertransl
Statement of purpose, CV and letter of recommendation
|Statement of purpose||
Your statement of purpose should be one page, typed, double spaced (max. 400 words). Tell us why the course is important to you, how it helps you fulfill future goals or how it relates to your current studies or employment. Briefly state your personal qualities that make you a good representative of your country.
Name the file statement
|CV||Name the file cv|
|Letter of recommendation||
You should submit one letter of recommendation from a person who is not related to you by blood or marriage. The referee should give information regarding your character, intellectual ability and seriousness of purpose. The letter should be written on official letterhead and must include contact information for the reference person. The letter should come from your professor, lecturer, headmaster, or your employer.
Name the file recommendation
Important about documentation:
- Upload documents preferably in PDF or JPG format in the online application portal (Søknadsweb) by the application deadline.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- You are responsible for uploading all required documentation, as well as ensuring that it is uploaded within the application deadline. As it may take several weeks for institutions and test centres to provide transcripts and/or test scores, please arrange for these documents to be issued as soon as possible.
- You are liable for your uploaded documents, i.e. that they represent true and unaltered information.
- Wrongful or misleading information may lead to dismissal and loss of right to study, according to § 7 of Regulations governing studies and examinations at the University of Oslo.
- Submission of fraudulent documents is illegal, and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- A random selection of students can be asked to present their original documents before starting their studies.
- Please note that we maintain the right to contact institutions, firms, associations and government agencies for the purpose of explanation and/or verification of uploaded documents.